Monday, August 11, 2008

yarn, melons, scarves, rings

The Gourmet Yarn Co. received a shipment of Blue Heron Rayon Metallic last week and I grabbed two hanks of the Chocolate colorway before it even made it out of the box. Who could resist though? The photo doesn't even begin to do it justice- the depth of color and the flecks of gold are gorgeous. Am planning on making a Gourmet Swoon Shawl [Ravelry link] from the yarn.



Took a walk around my grandparents' garden today and my grandmother pointed out to me what looks like a honeydew. "What kind of melon is that?" I asked her. "Melon," she answered. "Yes, but what kind of melon?" I asked again. "Melon melon," she replied in an "Are you slow?" tone of voice. I love my grandmother. (My grandfather just confirmed that it is indeed a honeydew which made my grandmother indignantly exclaim "That's what I said!")



And here's my current WIP (and my entry in the Ravelympics for WIP Wrestling): a striped scarf in about six different colorways of Noro Kureyon (I'm cutting out the parts I think are too muddy). About a foot and a half more to go but I'm really delighted with it so far.



The colors are way outside of my comfort zone but I don't think it crosses into a-Muppet-would-wear-this territory just yet.



Oh, and treated myself to this beautiful ring. I'd post a photo of it on my finger but my hands look pretty rough at the moment so a link to the Etsy page will have to suffice. I already own a necklace from this jewelry artist- her work is consistently striking and she's lovely to work with as well.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I had to laugh when I saw your chocolate Blue Heron....I did the exact same thing....with the exact same colorway. It came in on a day I was working and went straight out of the box into my bag!