My grandmother, subtle as always, keeps picking up the turquoise scarf and remarking how pretty the color is so I'm going to have to make a (much smaller) version for her since this one (as you can see from the glass door picture) is ridiculously long- unless I want an Isadora Duncan moment, I'll have to fold it in half to wear it.
The scarves are now becoming an interior design element in my place. I think I'm going to need a crochet intervention soon.
And here's an action shot of the first scarf, taken by Margaret at the shop on a day when I felt like an extra from a George Romero film. (Seriously, zero makeup and even less energy so be kind.)Today's obligatory music link is Rilo Kiley's Portions for Foxes. Not anything new but who can resist wailing along while driving (windows down, sunroof open) to Jenny Lewis's "Baby, I'm bad news"? I know I can't (as the poor folks stuck next to me at stoplights can attest).
Today is also a class that I'm expecting to be totally over my head yet, optimistic masochist that I am, I'm signed up for it anyway. I'm not sure why I'm thinking Knitting Socks on Two Circular Needles would be a good idea when I can't knit socks on one circular (or dpns) yet but Linda is always a patient, excellent teacher (and if I really don't get it, I can just sit there and crochet another Tea Scarf).



1 comment:
Oh how wonderful!
I've been watching with delight as the project count on Ravelry has gone up, and I am totally stoked that you like the pattern enough to make three of them in such a short space of time.
You've totally made my day!
Post a Comment