Saturday, June 14, 2008

Doesn't mean I'm sorry...

A craft blog entry isn't an entry without a cat or some bunnies so, right up front, here: Ghosts by Ladytron.


Since my uncle got married last month to his longtime girlfriend on the beach outside of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Waikiki, I ordered this dish from Handgrown Pottery as a congratulations gift and was really pleased by the whole experience- she had it finished ahead of schedule, was always prompt with communication, packaged it securely, and, of course, it's very cute. Their house is starting to have a taxidermy theme that I just couldn't work with but I think they'll like this just fine.

Also, crossed "learn to crochet" and "get a bicycle" off my 101/1001 list so I'm making some progress. The things you'd think would be the simplest- drink more water, buy flowers once per week- are the things I've either removed or just haven't done.

My first real crocheting project was the Tea Scarf [Ravelry link] in Noro Kureyon #170. I'm not admitting in public how late I stayed up last night working on it. The second row is a trial but once you're through with it, the rest goes by quickly. It'll have to get a conditioner bath because the Kureyon feels even scratchier than usual but I'm too enchanted with the colors and ruffle to care.
Used about one and a half skeins of Kureyon. I would ideally like a longer scarf and had originally chained way more than 140 but that second row wore me down and I re-started with fewer. I might try to pretend it isn't a billion humid degrees outside so the Tea Scarf can make it's grand debut tonight at the Knit In.



Also finally settled on a pattern for the beautiful peacock-colored Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande I received for Christmas. I used MG's Easy Cabled Scarf pattern and a bit over two hanks of yarn. It ended up being about 6' or so in length and is ridiculously soft. A fantastic yarn to work with and one of my favorite colors.

















And now I think I need a nap.