Constantines & Feist- Islands in the Stream
I had the original (Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers) on vinyl and played the hell out of it. Nothing else on the album ever got a listen except that song and I've got to admit when I saw this remake on a Starbucks compilation, I was pretty tickled and will probably try finding it on iTunes to buy. (Still haven't ever bought a Starbucks compilation yet even though I'm increasingly recognizing myself as their target audience but that will change on January 30th when their Valentine's Day cd gets released- like I can resist DeVotchKa covering The Flying Burrito Bros?)
Been tagged for several "share 20 things about yourself" posts and never reciprocate but am trying to do better this new year in a number of areas so... here goes.
1. "Share X number of things" posts are hard for me since I tend to horde my personal information. If privacy were a ring, I'd be Gollum.
2. I'd be blissful if every food item I ate contained coconut, mango, and/or banana.
3. As far as food goes, I'm admittedly a bit fussy.
4. When it comes to walking any distance, I like my Converse and my Tom's shoes but I feel like a duckling when I'm not in high heeled boots.
5. I like feeding ducks and fed the library pond's ducks on a daily basis one summer before learning that bread isn't the greatest thing for ducks to be eating.
6. I'm a shameless sucker for "supernatural" themed books and movies. The new Patricia Briggs book coming out next month makes me giddy. I'll even read it in public with the dust jacket left on.
7. Now that Sam is getting familiar with demons and Dean is friendly with angels on Supernatural, I'm not sure if I'm Team Sam or Team Dean.
8. I don't like having the television on just for the sake of it because the background noise makes me jittery but I do like watching Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, 24, Fringe, True Blood, and Grey's Anatomy.
9. I grieve that there aren't new episodes of Deadwood. I loved that show.
10. I like Westerns.
11. Someday, I'd like to own a goat. Or a sheep. Or a mini-donkey.
12. If I won the lottery, I'd start a sanctuary for elderly, disabled, and/or ill cats and rabbits.
13. At some point in my life, I want to visit both Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (in Utah) and Torre Argentina (in Italy).
14. This year, I want to improve my sewing skills, finish a few (slightly more) ambitious knitting projects, and attempt at least half of the recipes in Vegan with a Vengeance.
15. My state of general contentedness can be read in my knitting- if I'm jittery, I'm knitting wool Kevlar.
16. I do knit with wool. I'm trying to wean myself off but Noro keeps wooing me back. I have wool guilt and am going to try to stick to non-animal-fibers once I knit through my stash.
17. This doesn't mean Red Heart acrylic. I knit a 6' Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf out of Red Heart acrylic and it made my fingers ache.
18. I'm going to devote more time to crocheting this year.
19. If a Who Has the Most Adorable Grandparents contest existed, I'd win. My grandparents are adorable.
20. In some ways, 2008 was an asteroid collision. I'm optimistic about 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
And I miss you!
Post a Comment